TICCO is a producer of quality precision investment castings for a variety of industries. Tooling is designed and manufactured by experienced toolmakers accustomed to stringent demands for precision and quality.
Inspection procedures have been established to assure compliance with the specifications.
Although almost any metal can be cast, certain alloys are more castable than others. Some of the more practical alloys are:
- Cobalt base alloys
- 300 series stainless steel
- High Temp stainless steel
- Precipitation hardened alloys
- Nickel base alloys
- 400 series stainless steel
- Tool steels
- Carbon & low alloy steel
- Ductile Ni-resist iron
- Bronze alloys
Welcome to Tennessee Investment Casting Company
The Tennessee Investment Casting Company foundry can manufacture castings as small as a fraction of an ounce up to 25 LBS. We cast both ferrous and non ferrous. Our Services include... In House Tooling & Design Services - In House Chemical & Physical Testing - In house Liquid Penetrate Testing. We are a producer of both Ferrous & Non-Ferrous In House Non Destructive Testing.
Why Investment Castings?
Intricate parts that would be expensive or impossible to machine are most suitable for investment castings. Fine detail such as splines, holes, bosses, lettering, logos, serrations and even some threads can be cast in.
In many cases the cast parts can be made of more durable alloys at less cost. Often two or more parts of an assembly can be cast as one part. Scrap losses can be reduced to a minimum. In general, you get a better part from investment casting - for less money.
TENNESSEE INVESTMENTCASTING COMPANY, INC.
Precision Investment Castings... 'with the craftsmans touch'.
Simplified Shell Investment Casting Process
- Permanent mold is machined from a blueprint or model.
- Special wax is injected into mold to form a disposable pattern.
- Clusters of patterns are assembled on a tree.
- Trees are coated in a series of refactory sand and binder solutions, dried and aged in a controlled environment.
- Wax is melted out of the ceramic shell, and the cavity filled with molten metal.
- After ceramic is removed, individual parts are detached from the tree.